Monday 12 September 2011

Entertainment Blog Reviews.

When asked to review 5 blogs, being to sports fanatic I am, I immediately wanted to dive into the wide world of sports blogs, but then I decided to go outside my comfort zone. Why not right? So here we go, my top 5 entertainment blog reviews.

1. Popsugar.com

A very easy to navigate website, with bright colours and bright advertising. An interesting feature of this blog is the "featured stories" section at the top.  It also goes very in depth as well, with sections for top celebs, bikini, and it even goes as far as celeb babies. When It comes to the actual writing, it is very diverse in terms of celebs, and it doesn't make fun of celebs like a lot of blogs do, it more highlights red carpet sightings, public sightings, and what good celebs can do. Overall I think this is a good and respectable source for celeb news. I was pretty impressed.

2.TMZ.com

A very different style of celeb blog, not highlighting the good celebs do, but the bad. For instance, the lead story about Serena Williams "losing it" at the US Open Tennis tournament, and also another story about a rapper fighting a marijuana charge. Not as much my style of blog, very in your face, and sometimes annoying, but when it comes to breaking BAD news about celebs you be hard pressed to find a better one.

3. Laineygossip.com

The Canadian gossiper's page, for the last week is dominated with TIFF gossip, such as George Clooney has a date, or Juliette Lewis arrives in Toronto. The blogs are short, and the pictures are plentiful, which plays into our generations inability to read, and extreme ability to look at photos. Her writing is good, and her pictures are great ,she has a section for books, movies, and a link to her twitter page. A very complete celeb blog, and you have to like the fact she's a canuck.

4. Dlisted.com

This sight, is not your grandpas entertainment sight, in fact, I probably wouldn't show it to my mother. The first story is a picture of Justin Bieber beside a beluga whale, and they are now running a "caption contest" for the best descriptive caption of the photo. You will scroll down a bit, and see some incredibly inappropriate captions for stories that began to turn me off the sight. I would not recommend this sight to anyone. In terms of presentation, it's a pretty slick sight.

5.Perezhilton.com

This is easily my least favourite, and to be honest I was kind of offended by some of the material that was on this sight. Not for me I guess. There was stuff along the top that I didn't understand the words off, unlike my favourite popsugar.com, this sight was very hard to navigate. As a rookie to the celeb gossip sights, this one ranks last. This sight is more for attacking celbes unfairly, not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment